Perhaps one of my favorite snacks are these delicious and easy to make energy bites. My mom started making these for me when I left for college, and they’re still my go-to treat:
No Bake Energy Bites
- 2 ½ cup dry old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (Smuckers is the best!)
- 1 cup ground flax seed meal (MUST be ground)
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2-3 t. vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients (oatmeal, chocolate chips, walnuts, flax seed meal) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter, honey and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until combined.
- Either roll mixture into bite-sized balls (I use a small cookie scoop to measure out 1-inch balls), or press into pan and cut into bars.
The above is a revision based off of the recipe found on: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/